Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas Everyone! This is one of my favorite times of the year, I love seeing all the lights and decorations, getting together with family and friends, and watching the beautiful snow falling (which we finally have!) I've had such an incredible journey so far and I'm so excited  to share it with you!

On December 1st, I had my first event with my sister queen, Kay at the Home for Little Wanderers in Boston. This is such a wonderful organization that plays a leadership role in delivering services to thousands of children and families in need. We had such a great time at the Home making gingerbread houses with the children for their annual gingerbread making contest! The Rocketts, Michelle from Bernie & Phyl's and many local Chefs also came out to join in this special occasion!




The following morning I felt so honored to be a part of the "Stuff-A -Truck" event with Channel 5 WCVB on the Boston Commons! This was my first live interview!  All of the delegates from the Miss Massachusetts USA pageant donated a gift to help "stuff-a-truck" to deliver to the Home for Little Wanderers. We chose to focus on the teenage group because we feel that this age often gets overlooked. The girls generously donated hair supplies, make-up, clothing, and items that teenage girls would enjoy! Channel 5 arranged for a Bernie & Phyl's truck on the Boston Common to collect unwrapped toys from the public all day!



On December 5th I met "Irish"Micky Ward, famed retired boxing Champion at the Wicked "Irish" Thunder event to celebrate the premier of the film "The Fighter"! Ward's life in the boxing ring is the subject of the movie. It stars Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale, who also attended the event! The film was nominated for six Golden Globe awards this year, including Best Picture and Best Actor! It was such an honor to meet such a humble man!



On December 9th,  I attended the Make-A-Wish Foundation Charity Wish-A-Thon with 103.3 WODS. This was my first radio interview! I felt very honored to be a part of this great charity who fulfills wishes for local children with life-threatening illnesses. This was my first Make-A-Wish event, however the Miss Massachusetts USA organization and past sister queens have been proud supporters of the Foundation. I was so glad to be a part of this and I was truly touched by the stories of the wish children and their families and I look forward to working more with the Foundation throughout the year!



December 10, 2010
Santa, Kay, and I had an appearance at
Copley Place
to raise charity funds for The Globe Santa Collection! This is Boston Globe's annual charity for needy Children in the Boston area. The Fund collects donations to purchase holiday gifts for underprivileged children. This Fund provides gifts for more than 55,000 children each year! I loved spending the day with Kay and Santa and helping brighten the holiday season for children in need!
Kay and I with Brett Queener, player for the Boston Blazers

Kay and I were so happy to return to the Home for Little Wanderers on December 16th to unload the trucks stuffed with toys and gifts for the children! It was so touching to see how many people donated and to know how happy this will make hundreds of children on Christmas morning. The Home was filled with warm volunteers with bright smiles!


A couple hours later I was in my first fashion show as Miss Massachusetts USA! Fashionably Late presented Newbury 211 at the Liberty Hotel in Boston.  I love love their dresses! I was able to meet so many great people from Dynasty Modeling, Newbury 211, the girls, and Miss Teen New Hampshire 2011, Annie Read! The event was beautiful, I hope to continue working with them =)


 Me with Joe from Dynasty Models in a gown from Newbury 211

No comments:

Post a Comment